A community forum for examining the progress and local impacts of the Master Plan for Aging’s first year, and sharing ideas to inform advocacy and implementation going forward.
Our Program & Forum Materials
Event Date: Friday, December 3, 2021
For a pdf of our schedule and speakers, click here. For a program of the day, click here.
For a recording of the day, click here.
Welcome & Appreciation – Wendy Peterson, Director, Senior Services Coalition
Messages from Legislative Champions
- Click here for a video message from Representative Barbara Lee, 13th Congressional District.
- Click here for a video message from Senator Bob Wieckowski, California Senate District 10.
- Click here for a video message from Assemblymember Buffy Wicks, Assembly District 15.
- Click here for a video message from Assemblymember Rebecca Bauer-Kahan, Assembly District 16.
- Click here for a video message from Assemblymember Alex Lee, Assembly District 25.
- Moderator: Kweli Kitwana, Associate Director for Policy & Advocacy, Senior Services Coalition
Key Messages from California Department of Aging
- Susan DeMarois, Director, California Department of Aging
California Master Plan for Aging First Year Wins
- Sarah Steenhousen, Director of Policy & Advocacy, The SCAN Foundation. Click here for Sarah’s presentation.
- Moderator: Shukura Reynolds, Management Analyst, Alameda County Department of Adult & Aging Services
- Faith Battles, Asst. Director for Adult & Aging Services, Alameda County Social Services Agency. Click here for Faith’s presentation.
- Tanya Bustamante, Aging Services Manager, City of Berkeley. Click here for Tanya’s presentation.
- James Treggiari, Executive Director, Legal Assistance for Seniors. Click here for James’ presentation.
- Michael Galvan, Executive Director, Community Resources for Independent Living. Click here for Michael’s presentation.
- Andrea Dodge, Older Adult Program, Alameda County Public Health Department. Click here for Andrea’s presentation.
- Vanessa Baker, Division Director, Older Adult Services, Alameda County Behavioral Health Services. Click here for Vanessa’s presentation.
- Moderator: Wendy Peterson, Director, Senior Services Coalition
Community Perspectives – Small Group Listening Sessions
This event is one of many forums across California to inform the next steps for the Master Plan on Aging.
01/2022 Report to Stakeholders
Our report captures the rich conversations, questions, ideas and recommendations that over 130 stakeholders contributed during the December 3rd Forum. We took our responsibility to listen very seriously, and we hope the report accurately captures stakeholder input and summarizes with fidelity. Click here for the Report.