Aging is something we have in common, no matter what age we are right now. Being part of a community, feeling safe, maintaining health and mobility – these are expectations that most of us have as we age. The Senior Services Coalition is working together to shape public policy for today, and for a future in which every fifth person you meet will be over 65.
The Senior Services Coalition web site is not for members only! It’s for all senior serving organizations, for policy makers, and for Alameda County stakeholders who care about seniors. It will help you learn about the issues and get involved in advocacy and policy change. The first step to getting involved is to subscribe to our Action Alerts and updates (fill out the subscribe box on the right). If you have questions or suggestions about content, features or other aspects of this site, please feel free to contact us.
January 9, 2017 – ACTION ALERT: Join us for a Statewide Day of Action, responding to the proposed budget that Governor Brown will release on January 10th. Click here to read more.
January 9, 2017 – ACTION ALERT: Help Save the Affordable Care Act – Join a National Call-In Day on January 10th. Click here to learn more.
December 27, 2016 – On January 1, 2017 a new set of Medicare regulations will go into effect that will compensate physicians for legwork involved in working in teams. Click here to read more.
December 22, 2016 – Click here to read We Speak Policy, the California Collaborative’s new blog on LTSS issues.
December 1, 2016 – For SSC Conference materials, click here.
November 14, 2016 – On Friday November 18, Adult & Aging Services will hold the second in a series of stakeholder meetings on Alameda County’s Older Adult Plan. Click here to learn more.
November 10, 2016 – With Alameda County’s successful application for a three-year, $140 million Whole Person Care Pilot, we’ve started a new page in our County Policy Developments section. Click here to go to the new Whole Person Care Pilot page.
November 7, 2016 – Check out an early preview of two of our plenary panels for our annual Making the Difference conference. Click here to see the preview.
- All in 2016 Community Listening Sessions Report Out on January 19, 2017 1:00 PM
- Alameda County to Capitol Hill: Having an Impact on Federal Policy Change on January 26, 2017 10:00 AM
- California Day of Action: Protect & Preserve Medicare and Medicaid on January 27, 2017 1:00 PM
- CalFresh Forum 2017 on February 1, 2017 9:30 AM
- Alzheimer’s Association State Advocacy Day on February 7, 2017 8:30 AM
- C4A Capitol Advocacy Day on February 23, 2017 9:00 AM
- *NEW DATE* Joint Health & Social Services Committee Hearing on February 27, 2017 12:30 PM
- California Budget and Policy Center’s Policy Insights Conference on March 2, 2017 8:30 AM
- Leading Age Policy and Leadership Summit on March 7, 2017
- March for Meals Events in Alameda County on March 24, 2017 9:00 AM
- Senior Rally Day in Sacramento on May 11, 2017 9:00 AM